Gamers always want to have the best gaming gear on their desk, and by any means they should, but not everyone can afford it. Now-days, gaming gear is a MUST… Oh, wait. This was the intro of our “Quality budget-friendly gaming gear (vol.1)” post.
So, in the Vol.1, we covered most of the basics and we found our budget gaming mouse, and budget gaming headset. So, even though we had some delay between the two posts, we will complete the request and offer our opinions on the best budget gaming 144Hz monitor for CS:GO, and a budget gaming mechanical keyboard.
First, lets start with the best ones out there, just to give you a perspective.
Best 144Hz gaming monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q 27-inch
– Crisp 27-inch, 2560 x 1440
– 144Hz refresh rate, 1ms response time
– NVIDIA®G-SYNC™ technology
– Exclusive GamePlus onscreen timer/crosshair, 60-120-144Hz refresh rate turbo key and intuitive 5-way OSD navigation joystick
– Complete ergonomic tilt, swivel, pivot and height adjustment
The Asus ROG Swift PG 278Q, is a real state of the art Monitor. It goes up to 1440p resolution, and supports 144Hz. The main game-changer here is that it has the Nvidia G-Sync technology, which for gaming is more than useful.
If you are asking yourself: What the hell is Nvidia G-Sync? – Here is the answer from Nvidia:
NVIDIA G-SYNC is groundbreaking new display technology that delivers the smoothest and fastest gaming experience ever. G-SYNC’s revolutionary performance is achieved by synchronizing display refresh rates to the GPU in your GeForce GTX-powered PC, eliminating screen tearing and minimizing display stutter and input lag. The result: scenes appear instantly, objects look sharper, and gameplay is super smooth, giving you a stunning visual experience and a serious competitive edge.
Best mechanical gaming Keyboard for CS:GO – Corsair K70 RGB
– Top-notch design and durability
– Fully mechanical RED/BROWN Cherry MX switches
– Unlimited lighting options
– Dozens of customization options
– Comfortable and removable wrist rest
Now, since you know which are the best gaming monitor and gaming keyboard, let’s take a look into their budget alternatives. Assuming that you are on a budget around 250$, we chose the following monitor as the best 144Hz budget gaming monitor.
Budget 144Hz gaming Monitor for CS:GO – Asus VG248QE
– Ultra smooth action with 144Hz rapid refresh rate
– 1ms (GTG) response time
– A comfortable viewing experience with ergonomic tilt, swivel pivot, and height adjustment
– Built-in 2W stereo speakers for an immersive home entertainment experience
– Featuring DisplayPort, Dual-link DVI-D, and HDMI ports for multi device connections
The Asus VG 248QE is really the most reliable 144Hz gaming monitor around 250$. It has great picture quality and perfect pixel response-time. Also it comes with great adjustable stand which is a big plus on a 144Hz monitor with that price. In this price-tag, the VG248QE is the best 144Hz gaming monitor.
There are few slightly cheaper 144Hz monitors, but their quality is just poor. I won’t name them, but you shouldn’t go for anything below this one.
Okay then, we found our 144Hz monitor which wont cost us a fortune, and this choice was expected one because the ASUS VG 248QE is already known as the best 144Hz monitor with a relatively low price.
Now, lets take a look into our budget-friendly gaming mechanical keyboard alternatives.
Budget gaming mechanical keyboard(s) –
– Mechanical RED CHERRY MX Switches
– 1000 Hz / 1ms response time
– N-Key Roll Over in USB mode
– Detachable braided USB cable and cable routing
– Full LED backlight with 3 modes and 5 brightness levels
– Unique NumPad block design
QuickFire Rapid SPECS:
– Mechanical BROWN CHERRY MX Switches
– 1000 Hz / 1ms
– Windows keys disabled in Game mode
– Extra key caps bundled (with key puller)
– NKRO in PS/2 mode
– Removable braided USB cable with cable routing
– Compact design without numpad section
As you would note, the differences between the two keyboards are quite obvious. The QuickFire TK has the numpad section, but doesn’t have the casual arrows section, and the QuickFire Rapid has the arrows section, but not the numpad section. Both of the keyboards have the same features, it comes down to your preference.
So, both of these great keyboards are currently below 80$, and in that price-range (depending of your preference) are the best choice on the market. If you are using the numbers on the numpad quite often, you could choose the Quickfire TK version, and vice-versa.
Both of the keyboards are driver-less (plug-and-play), which is a great deal in general, especially if you are going on LAN events and you are taking your gear along. Also, they have really good build quality. Aesthetics-wise, they are not impressive, but hey, they are just around 80$. To get a quality mechanical keyboard for 80$ is quite an achievement.
The switches we chose for the TK version are Cherry MX RED, which are arguably the most optimal switches for gaming, and the ones on the Rapid are Cherry MX BROWN, which are perfect for basically any use. They are my favorite ones because they provide perfect tactile feedback, and have optimal actuation point.
So, if you were on a tight budget and wanted to refresh your gaming monitor and keyboard, we hope that we provided a solution. Also, if you are looking for a budget gaming mouse, and budget gaming headsets, make sure to check our Vol.1.